The Operations Committee is authorized to conduct charitable activities in accordance with the Bylaws and a Board-approved annual budget. The operating funds of the AWCF are obtained through donations by individuals, organizations, corporations, United Way, Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) donations of federal employees and military personnel. In addition, the AWCF shall raise funds necessary to accomplish its Board-approved annual budget by way of a goal of each AWCF Director to achieve an annual (FY) fund-raising goal of $10,000 per Director.
- Each Director shall employ his/her best efforts to accomplish this fund-raising goal as early as possible in each fiscal year and may do so, in the aggregate, in any of the following methods/ways:
- Providing donor-leads (individual/corporate) to the Fund-raising Committee. Such "leads" will include not only the name, address, phone number, etc. but also by accomplishing an introduction of the Foundation's representative and the potential donor(s). All funds (net) obtained by way of such donor shall be applied to the accomplishment of this policy goal;
- Arranging for the donation of or donating property (personal/real) to the AWCF which may be sold, bartered, traded, auctioned, etc., to accomplish approved charitable projects within the operating budget. All funds (net) obtained by way of such donation shall be applied to the accomplishment of this policy goal;
- Arranging for or hosting of fund-raising events, e.g. tournaments (golf/bowling/tennis/card/etc), running/walking marathons/events, dinners/luncheons, etc. All funds (net) obtained by way of such events and/or activities shall be applied to the accomplishment of this policy goal;
- Personal donation.
- In addition, from time-to-time, the Board may approve a "major" fund-raising event, i.e. one in which the "target net-proceeds" shall be in excess of Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000).
- Nothing in this policy may be construed or read as constituting or authorizing an assessment or dues re Directors of the AWCF.
October 5, 2006
Mike Dugan, USAF Retired